Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lovely Recipe

Warning: Prepare to be overloaded with pictures.















One of my favorite things to do....well pretty much my absolute favorite thing to do, is bake. There's something about it that is so zen that I just can't get over. One thing that I love making, and in fact make practically every week is banana bread. (actually i think i make it so much that my family is now bored of it). I've tried a bunch of recipes, and I think I've come up with a favorite. Actually. I've had it the whole time and I just keep coming back to it.
So, I've decided to depart the recipe with you all.




The recipe's really easy and the result is more than satisfactory; the bread is a lot different than any other banana bread i've ever had, partly because the color is a lot lighter and it's just a bit sweeter i think. Anywho, you'll soon see for yourself!

Banana Nut Bread:
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tbsp. shortening
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 3 cups flour
  • 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 cup chopped nuts




Directions:

  1. Heat oven to 35o degrees.
  2. Grease a loaf pan 9 by 5 by 3.
  3. mix sugar, shortening, and egg thoroughly.
  4. Stir in milk.
  5. Measure flour and blend dry ingredients; stir in.
  6. Add bananas and stir in nuts.
  7. Pour into pan; bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick stuck into center comes out clean. (crack in top of loaf is characteristic.)
  8. Cool thoroughly before slicing with a thin, sharp knife.
Enjoy!

The Cookbook is this really old Betty Crocker edition that belonged to my great grandmother. It's really neat because it's one of the if not THE first edition that contains color pictures. So the whole book is scattered with pages of pictures here and there, and they are all those black an white pictures which were given color after they were taken so they have this nice, old, vintage-y feel to them.
Here. I'll show you a picture:


It was really funny taking all of these pictures because I was near a window that faces into my neighbor's kitchen, and I could just imagine them watching me and wondering what the heck i was doing moving around a loaf of bread and a cookbook and taking pictures of them every few seconds. HA!







1 comment:

  1. well that's annoying. i just spent all this time formatting my pictures and they all got moved around anyway! Help?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
California, United States
Hi I'm Lili. I love to bake (food just i case anyone had a question mark there) , read, write, drink tea and coffee listen to music...my ultimate goal in life is to FLY.